Teens 15-19 are welcome to participate in the 4th Annual Interscholastic Teen Poetry Contest. Please send your poetry with completed 2017 Poetry Contest Entry Form to email@example.com by end of day April 28, 2017.
Cash prizes will be awarded at the Awards Ceremony on May 13, 2017 at Kaufman County Xeric Garden (200 E. Main St) 4PM in Downtown Forney!
Contest Entry Rules
- Limit 1 poem per contestant.
- Participant must be a current resident of (i.e., home-schooled) or attending school at one of the following districts: Crandall ISD, Forney ISD, Seagoville ISD, Sunnyvale ISD, or Terrell ISD.
- All poems must be typed using a readable font, and submitted as a Word Doc, Pages, Powerpoint, Keynote, JPEG, or preferably a PDF, on plain white paper – no backgrounds or designs please.
- Submit your poem by end of day April 28, 2017, Attn: Teen Poetry Contest, Forney Arts Council, PO Box 771, Forney, TX 75126 or as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line – Teen Poetry Contest.
- Contestants should be present at the Awards Ceremony on May 13, 2017 at Kaufman County Xeric Garden (200 E. Main St.) 4:00pm to receive contest prizes. Contestants are also asked to read their poem for on-site judging at the Awards Ceremony. If you are unable to attend the awards event, in order to qualify for prizes, you must submit either an audio or video file of yourself reading your poem. NOTE: POEMS MUST BE ORIGINAL. Any contestant whose poem is not original will be disqualified on the basis of plagiarism.
If you have any questions please contact Tiffany Wyndham at email@example.com.