Forney Teens 15-19 are welcome to participate in the Teen Short Story Contest. Please send your short story with completed 2016 Short Story Contest Entry Form to email@example.com by end of day September 19, 2016. Cash prizes will be awarded at the Awards Ceremony on October 22, 2016 at Kaufman County Xeric Garden.
- Limit one entry per contestant.
- Short story should be between 1,500 – 7,500 words.
- Participant must be a Forney resident or attending FISD.
- Short story entry must be typed using a readable font on plain white paper — no backgrounds or designs please.
- Submit your short story by end of day Sept. 19, 2016, Attn: Teen Short Story Contest, Forney Arts Council, PO Box 771, Forney, TX 75126 or saved as a PDF, Word Document or JPEG file emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line – Teen Short Story Contest.
- Contestants should be present at the Awards Ceremony on October 22, 2016, 4:00 p.m. at the Kaufman County Xeric Garden (200 E. Main St. Forney, TX) in order to be eligible to receive contest prizes. It is requested that contestants read an excerpt at the Awards Ceremony. If unable to attend (attendance is strongly encouraged) the Awards Ceremony, contestants may submit a sound or video file along with entry materials, by the deadline mentioned above – end of day, September 19, 2016.